For Christmas, take some time to think about what your friends & family would enjoy – whether it’s a luxury cashmere jumper or simply some home-made biscuits – and give some well-thought gifts that will get you straight to Queen or King of Xmas.
Now, it’s a well-known fact that most people wait for the very last minute to buy gifts, or spend the entire end of the year scrutinising their calendar for a single free half-day when they could go shopping (between office parties, get-togethers and recipe testing, it’s not easy!). Are you one of those who just can’t find time to hit the high-street? Or do you feel you could spend all the time in the world on it, you wouldn’t figure out what to buy your loved ones? Fear not! Believe it or not, you can find gifts for everyone by searching through big and popular online shops, including department and supermarket stores.
While once considered generic and easy, shopping at big names is a great idea: stores like John Lewis, Debenhams, Marks & Spencer and even Tesco stock more Christmas marvels than you could imagine. In fact, they’re a great resource for all your gifting needs, as the demand for quality and originality has seen online stores provide a real shopping paradise. We’ve even rounded up a few great gift ideas from our favourite names at the bottom of this post, so have a look for inspiration!
A few tips to organise your online shops:
- Try and pick one or two sites you love: by making more purchases in one site, you could bag good advantages such as free delivery or gifts added on your order.
- If you’re interested in getting a good deal when shopping online, do keep an eye open for discount codes and special offers.
- Plan ahead: convenient as online shopping is (it’s all in one spot, with well assembled seasonal selections), you may want to plan your Christmas shopping ahead. Indeed, you never know how fast stocks will go! Plus, it may be wise to allow a bit of a margin for delivery, as carriers can get very busy this time of year.
- Define a budget: It can be very easy to get carried away when shopping online, what with so many gems being available just a click away! But remember, your loved ones will care more about the thought that you put into their gifts than the money.
Our picks from our favourite online stores:
- John Lewis/Waitrose: While we love the food & drink hampers from Waitrose, we’d head to John Lewis for Home gifts for friends, parents, and couples. From fine china teapots and gardening kits to full crystal sets and intricately embroidered cushions, you’ll find expertly selected Home gifts, big and small to suit all budgets and homes (see above)!
- Marks & Spencer: You’re pretty sure to find everything you need for gifts here, plus flowers, decorations and seasonal treats, from party nibbles to puddings and even full Christmas dinners! Gift-wise, we’re particularly keen on the cashmere and chocolate selections (see below)…
- Tesco: Your new go-to for toys! You’ll find special offers on a huge selection of toys for all ages, from Lego Star Wars to trampolines and interactive dolls! Choose according to numerous filters and bag your favourite brands and heroes, such as the Marvel universe, Cars or Frozen.
- Debenhams: admittedly you won’t do your food shop on this visit, but you could bag wonderful gifts especially if you’re looking for fashion and beauty goods. From your own party look to luxury shirts for your dad and makeup kits for your sister – you’ll find the greatest array of brands to suit all budgets.
So, as you can see, this Christmas season you can sit back and relax: your shopping will be easier than ever!